Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Another day

Sarah had to do some stuff today so I had to make my own breakfast and stuff, it was no big deal. After I was all made up, I headed out to the office where I went through the usual routine. An old buddy of mine from the past stopped me in the hallway and commented that he wondered what was going on with me. I was a lot less friendly to the crew than I had been. It seemed like I had become all business. I was not really sure what to tell him.

I told him that there was some stuff going on with a good friend of mine, and that it was making me less inclined to just hang out and such. He seemed to accept the answer but still invited me over for the weekly poker night that I had been missing out on. From what I had gathered from him, I was still close to the people in my old department since I had been their manager for a couple of years before my promotion.

At least I will be able to use a girly excuse as to why I do not want to drink on Sunday. And I will not even be lying either which is the best part. What I really noticed was that my autopilot was not forcing me to flirt with him. It was giving me very receptive expressions and movements but not suggesting anything other than me going over there for poker.

Another little day in my life, time to go home from work.

- Carolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment