Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Poker Game

I arrived at the house on time, but they were still setting up. They tell people an earlier time so that they do not show up late but I had forgotten that. I helped them setup things like the table and the snacks. Jim was happy that someone actually was punctual, I joked and told him not to count on it every week. He smiled and shrugged. I was thinking that he was a little cute as I looked at him there in his garage. He and I were the only ones there for the moment which scared me a little. I held my ground and just chatted with him before we sat at the table on opposite sides from one another.

The others all trickled in about 10 minutes later. Luckily, I was not the only woman there. Samantha, a girl I had once considered a prospective girlfriend was there. But now, I looked at her and felt absolutely nothing. I thought that her outfit was cute but she could have coordinated better. Yet I am not sure those thoughts were not even mine, they were more the girl parts of me.

Still all of my friend were as competitive as I remember them to be. We were only using 10 dollars each but still everyone wanted to walk home with the full $60. Beer was drank, chips were eaten Carl was the first to get knocked out. Malik followed him out of the game and then there were 4. I am not going to say I was just cruising along at first as Jim seemed to be doing that. I was currently tied for second with Samantha.

Poor Calvin got double teamed by Jim and Samantha who both got him out in five more hands. They were predators, and they were really picking people off. I was bound to be their next target. I leaned back in my chair looking more relaxed. Time to use my autopilot to my advantage. Most people did not have an emotionless series of movements that required no conscious thoughts. So whatever tells they could have gotten just went up in smoke. I focused my attention over to Jim and then relegated myself to let her act.

The flirting began shamelessly, lots of playful smiles and psuedo-sexual motions began with me sitting at the table, playing cards acting against the two of them while outwardly seeming indifferent other than to flirt. It took me about 6 hands but I knocked Samantha out of the game. Jim seemed to be losing focus as she got a  little talkative with him. Slowly bu surely, his lead disappeared. And then 30 minutes later, he went all in and I won.

Not really needing the money I gave 20 each to Malik, Calvin, and Samantha. They seemed to be pleased with that. Jim was blushing as the flirting ended having seemingly been played by my words.

- Carolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment